VEPA is a growing organisation and offers unique grassroots opportunities. Below is some information to help you decide if VEPA is an organisation that you would like to volunteer with.
VEPA is based in Vava’u, one of the northern groups of islands, approximately 130 miles north of the main island of Tongatapu where the international airport is located. Volunteers may travel to Vava’u from the main island either by flying through Lulutai Airlines (no website best to search Facebook) or on the local ferry. More information is supplied in the information pack that is available through email.
Why volunteer with VEPA?
Hands on community conservation that offers a unique chance to either practice skills or to learn new skills as you explore both a traditional Polynesian culture and a unique destination.
Areas that may be involved in your stay:
- Data collection
- Education programs
- Research projects
- Working with local communities via on ground awareness and media campaigns
- Conservation and Environment Management Areas
What does VEPA expect from you?
- Must be over 18 years old
- Able to work both within a team and with minimal supervision
- Able to live in a lower denominated Country
- Working within and around a traditional culture
- Hardwork, a smile and able to mix in unique and varying situations
- No qualifications necessary except to be passionate about the environment and its conservation.
Areas we work on:
- Issues arising from Climate Change
- Sustainable living and development
- Capacity Building
- Education and Awareness
Information in the pack includes:
- General living and logistics
- Cultural Information
- Budgeting and living costs
- General Information
- much more!
Thank you for your interest in VEPA, should you require any further information please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org